Number of views:
By-product soda ash
Number of views:
Product serial number
Sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) is also called soda ash, but it is classified as salt, not alkali. Also known as soda or soda ash in international trade. It is an important organic chemical raw material, mainly used in the production of flat glass, glass products and ceramic glaze. It is also widely used in household washing, acid neutralization and food processing.
The main purpose
1. The glass industry is the main consumer of soda ash, which consumes 0.2t of soda ash per ton of glass. Mainly used for float glass, kinescope glass bulb, optical glass, etc.
2. It can also be used in other sectors such as chemical industry and metallurgy. The use of heavy soda ash can reduce soda dust flying, reduce raw material consumption, improve working conditions, and improve product quality. At the same time, it can reduce the corrosion effect of alkali powder on refractory materials and extend the service life of the kiln.
3. As a buffer, neutralizer and dough improver, it can be used in cakes and pasta foods, and used in appropriate amounts according to production needs.
4. Used as detergent for wool rinsing, bath salt, alkali agent in tanning leather.
5. Used in the food industry as a neutralizer and leavening agent, such as making soy sauce and noodles such as steamed bread and bread. It can also be mixed with alkaline water and added to pasta to increase elasticity and ductility. Sodium carbonate can also be used to produce MSG
6. Special reagents for color TV
7. Anhydrous sodium carbonate is used for chemical and electrochemical degreasing, electroless copper plating, aluminum corrosion, aluminum and alloy electrolytic polishing, aluminum chemical oxidation, sealing after phosphating, and rust prevention between processes
8. Metallurgical industry is used as smelting flux, flotation agent for mineral processing, and desulfurization agent.
9. Used as water softener in printing and dyeing industry.
10. In the tanning industry, it is used for degreasing raw hides, neutralizing chrome tanned leather and improving the alkalinity of chrome tanning liquor.
11. The benchmark for calibrating acid in quantitative analysis.
Sodium carbonate is white odorless powder or granule at room temperature. It is water-absorbing, and gradually absorbs 1mol/L moisture (about = 15%) in the exposed air. Its hydrates are Na2CO3•H2O, Na2CO3•7H2O and Na2CO3•10H2O.
Sodium carbonate is easily soluble in water and glycerin. It can dissolve 20 grams of sodium carbonate per 100 grams of water at 20°C, and the maximum solubility is at 35.4°C. It can dissolve 49.7 grams of sodium carbonate in 100 grams of water. It is slightly soluble in absolute ethanol and hardly soluble in propanol. The solution is alkaline and can make phenolphthalein red.
The aqueous solution of sodium carbonate is strongly alkaline (pH=11.6) and is corrosive to a certain extent. It can undergo metathesis reaction with acid, as well as some calcium salt and barium salt. There are 3 types of sodium carbonate containing crystal water: Na2CO3•H2O, Na2CO3•7H2O and Na2CO3•10H2O.
Strong stability, but can also decompose at high temperature to generate sodium oxide and carbon dioxide;
Long-term exposure to the air can absorb moisture and carbon dioxide in the air, generate sodium bicarbonate, and form hard lumps;
The crystalline hydrate of sodium carbonate (Na2CO3•10H2O) is easily weathered in dry air.
Follow Xinkang Chemical
More exciting waiting for you!